8th Grade Teams
8TH GRADE TEAM
8th gr Social Studies Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
8th gr Science/Math email@example.com
8th gr Science Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
8th gr English email@example.com
8th gr Math/Science Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
8th Grade REACH English/Social Studies Teacher email@example.com
Special Ed Resource firstname.lastname@example.org
8th gr REACH/English Teacher email@example.com
Reading Specialist jkrueger@elmhurst 205.org
8th gr English/ Social Studies Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
8th gr Math/Science Teacher email@example.com
8th gr Math Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
8th graders will be taking the PSAT during school hours on Wednesday, October 3. Please see your student's homeroom teacher or a team leader if you have any questions.
Check out the outdoor classroom that the 8th graders and Bryan PTA are building! Click Here
SNACK LIST GUIDELINE
During Block 1, eighth grade students are allowed to bring a healthy snack to munch on. No snack may contain peanuts, tree nuts, food dye, shellfish, soy, berries, cherries, kiwi, pineapple, tomatoes, or green tea. Some healthy snack foods are listed below as suggestions for your child.
- Raw veggies (NO tomatoes)
- Fresh fruit (NO kiwi, berries, cherries, pineapple)
- Dried fruits (raisins, apricots, apples, etc.)
- Dry cereal (no peanut butter flavors please!)**
- Baked Chips**
- Granola Bars (no peanut butter flavors please!)**
- Graham Crackers (not chocolate covered!)**
Snack items should be ready to eat - no utensils needed, oranges already peeled, etc.
** Please check the box or packaging to make sure the product is not manufactured in a plant that also processes peanuts or tree nuts or any other of the above listed allergens.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
The Eighth Grade Team
Acceptable times to visit lockers are:
- Before Homeroom
- Before Lunch
- After Lunch
- End of the Day
- After Acceleration
Students who are in their lockers at times other than those listed above, or who have forgotten something for class and need to get it from their locker, will be issued a locker violation. Students will receive two locker violation warnings and the third will result in a lunch detention. Violations will start over at the beginning of each quarter.
TIPS FOR STUDENTS
Success on Taking Good Notes
- Keep your notes for each class separate. Using a separate spiral for each class is the best way to do this
- Be selective on what you write. Rushing to write everything your teacher says/writes will confuse you and cause you to lose the main idea
- Ask your teacher to repeat something if you miss it
- Stay alert through the entire class...even during the last few minutes of class
- Write legibly...you have to read your notes later!
TIPS FOR PARENTS
How to Help with Homework
- Make sure your child has a quiet, well-lit place to do homework, free from distractors such as TV, phones and social media
- Help your child with time-management
- Be positive about homework
- When your child asks for help provide guidance, not answers
- Make sure materials that your child needs are available
- Help your child determine what is hard homework and what is easy homework, then have them do hard homework first taken from: https://www2.ed.gov/parents/academic/involve/homework/homeworktips.pdf