ADDITIONAL COUNSELING COMPONENTS
- Individual Counseling
- Small Group Counseling
- Consultation with teachers & parents
- Crisis Counseling
- Bully and Relational Aggression Student Presentations as needed
Peer Mediation is available to ALL students throughout the year
FREE ORGANIZATIONAL TOOLS
As educators, we know that it is important for students to learn how to use their time effectively. Not only does this include academic and extracurricular activities, but free time as well. In addition to the regular use of the Bryan Middle School Agenda, you will find a couple of free downloads for your student to use in the attachments section of the locker below. Please refer frequently to the Locker section for new attachments to assist your child throughout the year.
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year. We are here to support you and answer any questions you may have.
MIDDLE SCHOOL COUNSELING
Meeting the Challenge
Middle school counselors are professional educators with a mental health perspective who understand and respond to the challenges presented by today’s diverse student population. Middle school counselors do not work in isolation; rather they are integral to the total educational program. They provide proactive leadership that engages all stakeholders in the delivery of programs and services to help students achieve success in school. Professional school counselors align with the school’s mission to support the academic achievement of all students as they prepare for the ever-changing world of the 21st century. This mission is accomplished through the design, development, implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive, developmental and systematic school counseling program. The ASCA National Standards in the academic, National Model: A Framework For School Counseling Programs, with it’s data driven and results-based focus serves as a guide for today’s school counselor who is uniquely trained to implement this program.
OUR PHILOSOPHY STATEMENT
Bryan Middle School Counselors believe in the Developmental Counseling Model as a framework and guide for the continuous development of a counseling program that meets the needs of both our students and our school.
ELEMENTS OF THE COUNSELING PHILOSOPHY
- The counseling curriculum should be both developmental and preventative in nature.
- A comprehensive program should meet the needs of all students
- A comprehensive developmental model can effectively contribute to the personal, social, emotional, and educational growth of students.
- A counseling program fosters well-being and understanding of healthy ways to contribute to the community and society.
- A counseling program promotes positive self-esteem in students.
- The counseling curriculum is an integral part of the educational process.
- The counseling program depends on the collaboration and consultation of staff, students, parents, and administration in order to be successful.
FREE ONLINE TUTORING!
To use this tutoring resource, Bryan Middle School students will need an Elmhurst Public Library card. Students can access this resource every day 2 PM-9PM. Students are able to connect online with one-to-one academic tutors. Click the link to access the Elmhurst Public Library Tutoring site.