PTA MEETING DATES
All meetings are held in the library.
EXECUTIVE PTA BOARD
President: Hilary Simonds
VP: Jennifer Hall
Secretary: Kerry Leiman
Treasurer: Maureen Franchi
Membership: Jen Langley
Communications: Julie Barton
SHOP AMAZON FOR BRYAN
Do you shop at Amazon? Did you know that if you shop at smile.amazon.com and select Bryan PTA as your charitable organization, we earn money on every purchase you make? It's the exact same as shopping at Amazon..same prices, same shipping, etc. Just add "smile" in the web address and select Bryan PTA or click on the link below. As you begin your holiday shopping at Amazon, please keep us in mind.
2019 - 2020 MEMBERSHIP FORM
JOIN THE PTA THIS YEAR!
There are TWO ways to join:
You can now join and pay your Membership through MemberHub. No paper forms to fill out and pay by credit card. Click here.PAPER FORM & CHECK:
If you prefer to pay by check, membership form link is above. Instructions for mailing them are on the form or your student turn them into their Seminar teacher. You can also sign up at Jump Start Day.
Again this year, Bryan Middle School PTA will be offering our School Directory electronically to paid PTA members. We will be using Directory Spot through an app. The app is very secure and only our paid PTA members will be granted access. Hardcopy of the directory are available for purchase and will only be distributed to those that purchase one.
Membership does not obligate you to volunteer. Your PTA membership is important to us. We use those funds to help support many great programs at Bryan!
BRYAN PTA'S MISSION
TO SUPPORT and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental agencies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children
TO ASSIST parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children, and
TO ENCOURAGE parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation
- 11/8 – Reflections Entries Due
- 11/11 - Veterans Day Breakfast and Assembly, 7:15am
- 11/11 - Bryan PTA Meeting, 7pm
- 11/14 - D205 PTA Council Scholarship Fundraiser – DIT Workshop
- 11/15 – REACH Parent Group Meeting, 8:30am
- 11/15 - Bryan Spirit Wear Holiday Orders Due
- 11/15 - York Athletic Boosters Holiday Sale Orders Due
- 11/20 – Late Start
- 11/21 - D205 PTA Council Scholarship Fundraiser – DIT Workshop
- 11/23 – Greek Gods in the Gutter Event – Aiden Shea Foundation
- 11/27-11/29 – Thanksgiving Break, No School
- 12/4 – 8th Grade Academic/Activity Night at York
- 12/5 - York PTSA Academic Boosters Parent to Parent Coffee
- 12/6 - Dance Class sign-up due
- 12/10 - Incoming Freshman Course Selection Meetings
AND SAVE THE DATE FOR THE TREASURE HUNT: APRIL 18TH!!!
We are currently looking for fun, creative and willing individuals to assist with the Treasure Hunt clues. If you (or your spouse or your neighbor) are interested, please let us know.
AND DON'T FORGET TO JOIN THE PTA! SEE THE LINK BELOW AND ON THE LEFT.
Bryan Spiritwear Sale 11/1-11/15
The Holiday online sale will run November 1-15. They will be delivered December 16-18. Click here to order. Click on “Find your Spiritwear” (on the left side) and type in Bryan and it will auto populate.
York Athletic Boosters Holiday Sale
Get some holiday gifts off your to-do list with the York Athletic Boosters Holiday Sale. The Athletic Boosters are taking orders for several York spirit items like cozy Sherpas and Champion joggers and sweatshirts, just in time for the holidays. Visit the York Athletic Boosters page HERE for details and information about some of our great special order only items. Order must be completed by Nov 15th. Pick up will be conveniently at York High School in the vestibule on December 11th during our Holiday Open House. On this date, we will also have our in-stock items available for sale, such as our classic York Green Hoodie, Pom Pom hats, Duke socks, Flannel Pants and T-shirts. York Apparel makes great gifts for students in every grade!
DANCE CLASS SIGN UPS NOW THROUGH 12/6
Registration, payment, code of conduct agreements and volunteer sign ups are all online! ALL students MUST be registered and paid for dance class by 12/06/2019. ALL students and parents MUST submit the Bryan Dance Class Agreement by 12/06/2019.
Please sign up to chaperone only ONE class. We want all to have the opportunity to participate.
Any questions, please feel free to reach out to your dance class chairs:
8th Grade - Courtenae Trautmann, Anna Feldmann
7th Grade - Kristy Thurber, Angela Sebastian
During the final week of class, parents are invited in for the second half of class to check out all the students have learned and to share a dance with your own child!
JOIN THE PTA!
The easiest way to join is via our Bryan PTA membership site: https://bmselmhurst.memberhub.
By joining the PTA you not only gain access to the online directory, but you also get to support many great programs and initiatives that directly benefit the students and teachers at Bryan. Scroll down to see a list of some of the great programs the PTA sponsors and supports. From grade level activities to school improvement projects, the PTA is focused on enhancing our kids educational experience. Join the PTA today; we need your support!
2019-2020 PTA MEETING DATES
We encourage you to attend! We have indicated which events are the focus of that meeting but all other questions and comments are welcomed.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at bryanmiddleschoolPTA205@gmail.com or simply attend a meeting.
All meetings are in the Bryan Library.
|August 26 (8th Grade Social)||
|October 7 (7th Grade Social)||Monday||9am|
|January 6 (Dance classes)||Monday||7pm|
|February 10 (6th Grade Social)||Monday||9am|
|April 13 (Treasure Hunt/Honor Roll Breakfast)||Monday||7pm|
|May 11 (Staff Appreciation/Picnics/Promotion)||Monday||9am|
*change from original time
WHAT DOES THE PTA DO?
Here is a snapshot of some the programs and events the Bryan PTA sponsors/supports:
- Help support multiple school clubs & programs
- Bryan PTA Directory
- Support students with financial needs
- Honor Roll Breakfast in the spring
- Teacher Appreciation Week Activities
- Back to school staff welcome breakfast
- Annual PTA Treasure Hunt Fundraiser
- Spirit Wear sales - Fall, Winter and Spring
- School Supply Kit sales
- New auditorium speakers
- New Bryan logo flags for school sports and other events
- Gaga pit for PE use
- Parking lot banners
- Liason with SERG, REACH and the District 205 Foundation
- 8th Grade gifts including:
- Benches for outdoor classroom (2018-2019)
- Landscaping for outdoor classroom (2017-2018)
- Much needed bike racks (2016-2017)
- Flat screen TV/digital message display for front lobby (2015-2016)
- New sign for the front of the school (2014-2015)
- 8th grade Tail Gate Party
- 7th grade roller skating social
- 6th grade pool party at Oak Brook Park District
- 7th and 8th Grade Dance Class
- 8th Grade Promotion Party/Event
- 8th Grade Luncheon
- Grade level end of year picnics
Your PTA membership helps the PTA sponsor many events, such as those listed above.
All of the children at Bryan benefit from the Bryan PTA, including yours.
If you have not yet joined, please do so. We need you!!
If you would like to assist with an activity, please email us at bryanmiddleschoolPTA205@gmail.com.