PTA MEETING DATES
Currently, meetings will be held virtually. A link for each meeting will be sent out to the Bryan community. All are welcome to attend. Only members may vote. CLICK HERE to join today.
|2/22/21 (DATE CHANGE)||Monday||7pm|
|4/19/21 (DATE CHANGE)||Monday||7pm|
EXECUTIVE PTA BOARD
JOIN THE PTA THIS YEAR!
You can now join and pay your Membership through MemberHub. No paper forms to fill out and pay by credit card. Click HERE.
Your PTA membership is important to us. We use those funds to help support many great programs at Bryan!
BRYAN PTA'S MISSION
TO SUPPORT and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental agencies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children
TO ASSIST parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children, and
TO ENCOURAGE parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation
WHAT DOES THE PTA DO?
Here is a snapshot of some the programs and events the Bryan PTA sponsors/supports:
- New library furniture
- Help support multiple school clubs & programs
- Bryan PTA Directory
- Support students with financial needs
- Honor Roll Breakfast in the spring
- Teacher Appreciation Week Activities
- Back to school staff welcome breakfast
- Annual PTA Treasure Hunt Fundraiser
- Spirit Wear sales - Fall, Winter and Spring
- School Supply Kit sales
- New auditorium speakers
- New Bryan logo flags for school sports and other events
- Gaga pit for PE use
- Parking lot banners
- Liason with SERG, REACH and the District 205 Foundation
- 8th Grade gifts including:
- Benches for outdoor classroom (2018-2019)
- Landscaping for outdoor classroom (2017-2018)
- Much needed bike racks (2016-2017)
- Flat screen TV/digital message display for front lobby (2015-2016)
- New sign for the front of the school (2014-2015)
- 8th grade Tail Gate Party
- 7th grade roller skating social
- 6th grade pool party at Oak Brook Park District
- 7th and 8th Grade Dance Class
- 8th Grade Promotion Party/Event
- 8th Grade Luncheon
- Grade level end of year picnics
- In addition to this page, we also recommend the following ways to stay connected to our school community:
4/14 -Last day to register for TREASURE HUNT REGISTER HERE
4/17 - Bryan Virtual Treasure Hunt, 7pm
4/18 - Spiritwear orders due
4/19 - Bryan PTA April meeting via Zoom, 7pm NEW DATE
5/27 - Tentative date for the MS Promotion Events
we are so excited for the "Games People Play"!
Registration for the Bryan Treasure Hunt - Virtual Edition is NOW OPEN! Make sure you have your team captain information and your team name ready and grab your credit card to sign up HERE. Registration closes April 13th!
The fine print: Individual Price is $40/adult OR Team Price is $200/team (max of 6 adults). Team registration includes 1 Yard Sign. No raffles or auctions for 2021, but you can support us by purchasing extra yard signs (until sold out) or by making an Open Donation - both items in our MemberHub store.
Cancellation Policy: If your team cancels, we cannot issue refunds -same as prior years. In the event the PTA has to cancel to align with D205 recommendations, the Team Leader can choose to A) donate the registration fee to support PTA or B) have PTA issue a refund (excluding fees).
DINING OPTIONS FOR THE TREASURE HUNT
The following local restaurants have graciously agreed to donate a portion of their sales to the Bryan PTA. Please note the order dates for each establishment. And please make sure to thank them for supporting our school!
Check the menu for delicious food options!
Cuvee Cellars 630-833-2300
NV Two Mountain Hidden Horse Red Blend $15.99
2017 Peachy Canyon Cirque DuVin Red Blend $20.99
2019 LA Fiera Pinot Grigio $12.99
SPIRITWEAR ORDERS DUE APRIL 18TH
Please CLICK HERE to order Bryan spiritwear. Orders are due April 18th and will be ready mid-May. These items will make great gifts for incoming 6th graders. Delivery will be via porch pick up or drop off. Any questions, please contact Cara Wilkins email@example.com.
We know it's hard to think about school supply shopping. We are partnered with 1st Day School Supplies! 1st Day School Supplies is going to help parents and teachers get the exact supplies needed for next school year without the headache of shopping at WalMart, Target or Staples.
We have found 1st Day School Supplies to be convenient, easy and hassle free! Plus, they have guaranteed competitive prices on the highest quality brands, including the germ fighting brands like Purell and Lysol. Why not check school supply shopping off your list now!
2021 - 2022 Nominations for PTA
At the last PTA meeting, the nominating committee submitted the following nominations for the offices of the Bryan PTA for the 2021-2022 year.
For President: Jenn Hall
For Vice President: Nicole Skaluba
For Membership: Jen Langley
For Treasurer: Maureen Franchi
For Recording Secretary: Kerry Leiman
For Communications Coordinator: Julie Barton
Bryan PTA would like to recognize the following volunteers for supporting our school community:
- Thanks to Meredith Vogel for partnering with our PTA co-presidents to host our Bryan area Board of Education Candidate Forum
- Special thanks to Kathy Fromm and Aleka Mandelaris for working together to celebrate Bryan students who achieved the Honor Roll. Students were treated to a brownie from York Food Services along with coupons that they picked up at the end of their school day the week of March 15.
- Thanks to our nominating committee chair, Jane Loeser and alternate Jessica Testani for working with 2 current Bryan Exec Board members to pull together and recommend our slate of officers and help organize all the various PTA committees for next year!
- Thanks to our PTA Scholarship chairs Jen Langley and Angela Kotowicz for promoting several fundraisers with Elmhurst PTA Council to support scholarships for York seniors.
- Thanks to the parents who filled out our volunteer form as we work with our school administrators on volunteer needs for spring in this unprecedented year. We expect to share more detailed volunteer needs and opportunities at our April 19 PTA meeting for end of year events. If you’re interested in learning more about volunteering at Bryan, please reach out to our current VP Nicole Skaluba at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The D205 middle school teams are committed to celebrating the amazing 8th grade students this spring and excited to announce that the three middle schools will be facilitating an in-person diploma distribution event AND a virtual promotion ceremony.
The Bryan student services team, as well as the 8th grade teacher teams will partner with the support of school PTAs to plan for these events. All celebrations will take place in accordance with all CDC guidelines. The tentative date for the MS promotion events will take place on Thursday, May 27th, 2021.
What’s next? For now, the first step in planning for this is for 8th grade families to fill out the following: BMS Promotion Gown Order Form. There is a space to indicate if you do not need a gown.
Information will continue to be shared with communities as plans develop in support and honor of celebrating these hardworking 8th grade students this spring in their journey to high school!