PTA MEETING DATES
Currently, meetings will be held virtually. A link for each meeting will be sent out to the Bryan community. All are welcome to attend. Only members may vote. CLICK HERE to join today.
|January - No Meeting|
EXECUTIVE PTA BOARD
JOIN THE PTA THIS YEAR!
You can now join and pay your Membership through MemberHub. No paper forms to fill out and pay by credit card. Click HERE.
Again this year, Bryan Middle School PTA will be offering our School Directory electronically to paid PTA members. We will be using Directory Spot through an app. The app is very secure and only our paid PTA members will be granted access. Joining the PTA is only way to have access to the directory.
Membership does not obligate you to volunteer. Your PTA membership is important to us. We use those funds to help support many great programs at Bryan!
BRYAN PTA'S MISSION
TO SUPPORT and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental agencies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children
TO ASSIST parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children, and
TO ENCOURAGE parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation
- 8/17 - PTA membership sign up opens (CLICK HERE)
- 9/18 - Spirit wear orders due
- 9/24 - Eat and Earn at McDonald's 1-8pm
- 9/30 - D205 Foundation Holiday Tree Fundraiser orders due
- 10/5 - PTA meeting, 7pm (virtual)
- 10/14-10/27 - Virtual Book Fair
Eat and Earn at Area McDonald's
Thursday, September 24th 1-8pm
The Bryan, Churchville and Sandburg PTAs have joined forces to present a day to support our middle schools.
Three (!) McDonald's locations have generously offered their locations for an Eat and Earn event on Thursday, September 24th from 1-8pm. Twenty percent (20%) of all proceeds AND all cash tips and donations for apple pies will be split amongst our Elmhurst middle schools.
Simply say you are there for Bryan, Churchville and Sandburg. Please bring cash for tips and apple pies.
At Elmhurst (2 locations) & Berkeley McDonald’s
190 E. Butterfield Rd., Elmhurst
920 N. York Rd., Elmhurst
5707 St. Charles Rd., Berkeley
PTA mEMbership drive is on
We need your support during our short three years at Bryan Middle School. We are asking our parents to support us in our mission in two ways: 1. your PTA membership and 2. open donations, if possible. CLICK HERE to join today!
As this unprecedented year evolves, the PTA is best positioned to meet the needs of our specific school community in a timely manner. Unlike other years, we cannot plan on fundraisers to cover our budgetary needs, so your membership is more important than ever. Membership gives you the right to vote at our meetings and it is the only way to have access to our online student directory.
Our support may look different than in years past but we will still be there for our school community. Thank you in advance for your membership.
Book Fair 10/14-10/27
We will still have the Book Fair this year - virtually. Items will be delivered to the home (free shipping if your order is over $25).
More information and a link to the Book Fair will be posted soon.
On behalf of the Bryan PTA Board, we would like to welcome you BACK or IN to our Bryan family. Our PTA Board has been working hard behind the scenes as we navigate what we’re calling the “Current Abnormal” - a term borrowed from a school administrator. 2020-21 is not the New Normal. Living through this pandemic is no longer New and it certainly isn’t Normal! We know parents are juggling so much right now and trying to do the best we can for our kids and our own personal family situations. We can assure you that the Bryan PTA is singularly focused on keeping our kids and school community focused on how we move forward together.
One of the ways we plan to accomplish this is through efficient communication.
- We will send our streamlined newsletters every other week. We will keep key dates at the top and then separate Bryan specific news and D205 news.
- We will strive to keep our PTA website updated.
- We encourage you to attend our virtual monthly PTA meetings (dates to the left).
- In addition to this page, we also recommend the following ways to stay connected to our school community:
Bryan Incoming 6th Grade Families Parent to Parent Info
The Bryan PTA hosted a Parent Panel Zoom meeting with over 75 participants on Thursday, May 7th. Here is the document that was shared and discussed with lots of tips and links.
WHAT DOES THE PTA DO?
Here is a snapshot of some the programs and events the Bryan PTA sponsors/supports:
- New library furniture
- Help support multiple school clubs & programs
- Bryan PTA Directory
- Support students with financial needs
- Honor Roll Breakfast in the spring
- Teacher Appreciation Week Activities
- Back to school staff welcome breakfast
- Annual PTA Treasure Hunt Fundraiser
- Spirit Wear sales - Fall, Winter and Spring
- School Supply Kit sales
- New auditorium speakers
- New Bryan logo flags for school sports and other events
- Gaga pit for PE use
- Parking lot banners
- Liason with SERG, REACH and the District 205 Foundation
- 8th Grade gifts including:
- Benches for outdoor classroom (2018-2019)
- Landscaping for outdoor classroom (2017-2018)
- Much needed bike racks (2016-2017)
- Flat screen TV/digital message display for front lobby (2015-2016)
- New sign for the front of the school (2014-2015)
- 8th grade Tail Gate Party
- 7th grade roller skating social
- 6th grade pool party at Oak Brook Park District
- 7th and 8th Grade Dance Class
- 8th Grade Promotion Party/Event
- 8th Grade Luncheon
- Grade level end of year picnics
Your PTA membership helps the PTA sponsor many events, such as those listed above.
All of the children at Bryan benefit from the Bryan PTA, including yours.
Membership for the 2020-2021 school year is now open. CLICK HERE.
If you would like to assist with an activity, please email us at bryanmiddleschoolPTA205@gmail.com.