PTA MEETING DATES
Currently, meetings will be held virtually. A link for each meeting will be sent out to the Bryan community. All are welcome to attend. Only members may vote. CLICK HERE to join today.
|2/22/21 (DATE CHANGE)||Monday||7pm|
|4/19/21 (DATE CHANGE)||Monday||7pm|
|5/10/21 (In Person)||Monday||
EXECUTIVE PTA BOARD
JOIN THE PTA THIS YEAR!
You can now join and pay your Membership through MemberHub. No paper forms to fill out and pay by credit card. Click HERE.
Your PTA membership is important to us. We use those funds to help support many great programs at Bryan!
BRYAN PTA'S MISSION
TO SUPPORT and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental agencies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children
TO ASSIST parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children, and
TO ENCOURAGE parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation
WHAT DOES THE PTA DO?
Here is a snapshot of some the programs and events the Bryan PTA sponsors/supports:
- New library furniture
- Help support multiple school clubs & programs
- Bryan PTA Directory
- Support students with financial needs
- Honor Roll Breakfast in the spring
- Teacher Appreciation Week Activities
- Back to school staff welcome breakfast
- Annual PTA Treasure Hunt Fundraiser
- Spirit Wear sales - Fall, Winter and Spring
- School Supply Kit sales
- New auditorium speakers
- New Bryan logo flags for school sports and other events
- Gaga pit for PE use
- Parking lot banners
- Liason with SERG, REACH and the District 205 Foundation
- 8th Grade gifts including:
- Benches for outdoor classroom (2018-2019)
- Landscaping for outdoor classroom (2017-2018)
- Much needed bike racks (2016-2017)
- Flat screen TV/digital message display for front lobby (2015-2016)
- New sign for the front of the school (2014-2015)
- 8th grade Tail Gate Party
- 7th grade roller skating social
- 6th grade pool party at Oak Brook Park District
- 7th and 8th Grade Dance Class
- 8th Grade Promotion Party/Event
- 8th Grade Luncheon
- Grade level end of year picnics
- In addition to this page, we also recommend the following ways to stay connected to our school community:
- 5/27 - Last day for 8th grade, 8th early dismissal @ 11:30, 8th Grade Promotion Promenade (contact school directly with any questions)
- 5/28 - Last day for 6th & 7th, early dismissal @ 11:30
- 5/28 - Last day to drop off New, Unused School Supplies for We Pop Up
- 6/1 - Last day to sign up for 7th Grade Social at Go Ape
- 6/10 - 8th Grade Social at Bensenville Pool (rain date 6/17)
- 6/18 - 6th Grade Social at Bensenville Pool
- 6/18 & 6/19 - 7th Grade Social at Go Ape (see details below)
- 7/1 - Last day to order school supplies
School supply kits for the 2021-22 school year are now available. All kits will ship to home again this year. Sale is open through July 1. Click here to order from 1st Day School Supplies. Please note this includes the list for the Lincoln 5th graders as well as 6-8 Bryan students. Special thanks to our chair, Janette Lanciloti for organizing.
Bryan PTA Parent Panel for Incoming Families
Bryan PTA hosted the Bryan PTA Parents Panel for incoming 6th grade families (and our incoming Lincoln 5th grade families) on Thursday, May 13 via Zoom.
You can review our Parent Advice to help ease the transition to middle school for our families. A recording of the event can be accessed through the document as well.
Many volunteers have put together some wonderful events for our staff and students this last month! We would like to recognize them along with the entire PTA Board and Committee Chairs for the 2020-21 school year! Thank you to each of you for stepping up to serve Our Bryan Family.
- Staff Appreciation - Kate Bialecki & Andrea Gambill
- 8th Grade Promotion Promenade Support - Jen Langley & Dianne Schenkenberg
- Grade Level Socials - Michelle Barclay, Kelly Smith, Stacy Hildy, Andrea Gambill, Colleen Krupa, Jessica Testani, Andria Evans, Kate Feutz
- Grade Level Picnics and Last Day of school support - Hilary Simonds, Dawn Brooks, Colleen McEvoy, Amy Cifelli, Maria Flynn, Rachel Ostendorf, Janette Lanciloti, and Chris Schultz
- 2020-21 Committee Chairs - Kelly Perry (REACH), Yukari Finley and Elena Cutri (SERG), Jen Langley & Angela Kotowicz (Scholarship), Sarah Rennick (Reflections and Book Fair), Cara Wilkins (Spiritwear), Janette Lanciloti (School Supplies), Kathy Fromm & Aleka Mandelaris (Honor Roll support)
- Bryan PTA Executive Board - Jenn Hall & Hilary Simonds (Co-Presidents), Nicole Skaluba (VP), Kerry Leiman (Recording Secretary), Julie Barton (Communications), Jen Langley (Membership), and Maureen Franchi (Treasurer)
- Special thanks to the PTA Council President for 2020-21, our very own Michelle Huber, and to Board member & Bryan parent, Courtenae Trautmann, for their service to our whole D205 community this crazy year.
Finally, a heartfelt thank you to Ms. Discipio, Mr. Sheehan, our Board of Education Liaison Beth Hosler and the entire Bryan staff for partnering with the PTA to support our children throughout the school year.